CONISTON COTTAGES LTD IS AN AGENT ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE COTTAGE OWNERS.
*A deposit of £100 per week is required on booking: this may be by cheque, credit or debit card. The balance of the cost is due 6 weeks before the arrival date and again may be by cheque, credit or debit card. Holidays booked less than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date are payable in full on booking. All bookings are subject to a £10 non-refundable booking fee, payable at the time of booking. We accept Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Mastercard Debit, Mastercard Credit and JCB. A BACS payment is acceptable by booking over the telephone.
Guests must agree to take care of the cottage and to leave it clean and tidy. Any breakages must be notified to us immediately and paid for. We reserve the right to make a charge for damage to the cottage or for exceptional cleaning, this will be charged at £30.00 per hour.
A damages deposit of £200.00 will be payable against the balance statement which will be sent 6 weeks before the arrival date.
Once a booking has been made, the guest is responsible for the full cost of the holiday unless we are able to re-let. We will endeavour to re-let in the event of cancellation, but this will be subject to a £100.00 administration fee. We recommend all guests consider travel insurance, as they would if travelling abroad.
- We will do our best to secure a replacement booking, however, if this cannot be achieved or if we have to accept a reduced rate to secure a booking, then the reduced amount will be taken from the funds as follows:
- Reduced rate booking – we will retian the difference between the full rate and the reduced rate in addition to the administration fee.
- No replacement booking – we will retain the full cost of the holiday.
- We are happy to supply paperwork for your holiday insurance company on request.
If garments or items are left behind after check-out we will post back to the guest(s) subject to postage and packaging costs plus £10.00 fee.
We strongly recommend that all guests take out insurance in the normal way for a holiday. Once a holiday is booked the full cost of the booking is payable in line with booking conditions.
A booking can always be rescheduled for a future date at no cost.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
Due to the increase in cleaning to the highest standard now the check-in time is from 4pm on the arrival date and check-out no later than 9.30am on the departure day. Please ask if you wish to check in early or have an extra 30 mins on check out, we will do our best to accommodate the request.
- We will be asking you to check-in at 4pm. Please contact us when you have checked in. Guests maybe able to check in earlier. Guests can call 015394 41114 at lunchtime on the day of arrival for a changeover update.
We will ask you to check-out by 9.30am at the latest.
- Please leave all the windows fully open.
- It is helpful if bedding is stripped and placed in the bags provided.
- Remove all rubbish and place in the appropriate outside bin, recycling or general waste including all open food items and use the recycling facility in Coniston village before departure.
- Ensure that all cutlery and crockery is either washed properly or placed in the dishwasher and switched on.
- Please check that you have all your belongings. Items will be charged at the rate of postage plus £10 for packing and travel to the post office.
- Leave the keys in the back of the door or the key safe and TEXT or CALL to let us know that you are leaving.
On the 25th May 2018 the rules relating to General Data Protection Regulations changes. It is therefore necessary for Coniston Cottages Limited to advise you of the nature of these rules and obtain your written consent to the information we hold about you and what we do with it. You will be given details of this. Please read the notifications carefully and if appropriate sign to confirm you agree to Coniston Cottages Limited policy on this matter. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. If you have any queries or concerns please contact Coniston Cottages Limited Data Protection Officers: Stuart Granger or Sandy Childs.
The GDPR sets out the principles which data controllers and processors must comply with when processing personal data. These principles form the core of the obligations of the date controller and will usually form the basis of any claim that a data controller has not complied with its statutory duties.
Lawfulness, fairness and transparency. Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
Purpose imitation. Personal data must be collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. It must not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes. Data minimisation. Personal data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
Accuracy. Personal data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that data which is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay.
Storage limitation. Personal data must not be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed.
Integrity and confidentiality. Personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures its appropriate security. Accountability. The date controller is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate, compliance with the other data protection principles.
Who we are.
At Coniston Cottages Limited we do all we can to respect your right to privacy and your personal information. We are Holiday Cottage Rental business and this notice sets out a summary of what we do with your information in order to run our business and provide our customers with products and services.
The information we use and where we get it from:
We only collect information provided by you: Name, address, telephone number, email address, details of the services supplied or enquired about, amount quoted / payable / paid / and method, delivery details.
This information will be used to:
- Provide you with information
- Process your reservation and supply the services
- Assist you should any after sale matter arise
- To provide you with details of the transaction eg. for further bookings or insurance purposes.
- To comply with laws and regulations that apply to Coniston Cottages Limited eg. dealing with HMRC and F.C.A. (and this includes giving details to our Accountants).
Sharing your information
This information will not be given to any third party for marketing purposes nor will we contact you directly when carrying out a marketing campaign (other than by Facebook / twitter should you sign up for these).
All information given is stored by us either by way of hand-written documentation or on a computerised accounts system. This is only accessible by designated Coniston Cottages Limited employees or professional third parties acting on our behalf e.g. Accountants.
We will keep your personal data secure and only store it for as long as necessary and only for the purpose of providing services under your contract or to fulfil legal/ statutory obligations. Once personal data is no longer needed (or you request us to) we will destroy it securely as soon as is practical.
If you require any further information about GDPR please contact Stuart Granger or Sandy Childs who will also deal with any requests to remove or amend any data held.
Your Personal Data
We do not keep, use, share or distribute your personal details for any purpose other than to complete the booking which you have contracted into.
- Please do NOT leave your animals unattended in the garden or the house or allow them to bark for extended periods of time. We do not allow you to leave your dogs unattended unless you are 100% certain that they will not bark, or become stressed or destructive.
- Please ensure that any dog poo is picked up and disposed of in general waste bin provided. Each cottage is offered on the basis of the number of animals agreed at the time of booking. Please read the extra information in the main site.
- Pets are not allowed on the beds. Throws can be rented for £5.00 to assist in protecting the furniture. Any damage caused to furniture or bed linen by pets, such as staining etc. will be charged.
- All gates MUST be closed at when you have passed through. There is no exception!
- There is a field with equipment. This can be used entirely at your own risk. The equipment is not for the use of children or adults!
All cottages are available from 4pm on the day of arrival until 9:30am on the day of departure.
Each cottage is offered on the basis that no more than the maximum number of people as specified in the property details shall occupy the cottage, unless express permission is obtained at the time of booking. If this number is exceeded we reserve the right to curtail the holiday.
All cottages are strictly non-smoking and vaping. Please note that failure to observe the No Smoking policy will result in a £200.00 exceptional cleaning charge to cover removal of the after-effects of tobacco smoke.
The owner or his agent shall be allowed access at any reasonable time for essential inspection and maintenance purposes. Where possible this would be by prior arrangement.
COTTAGE AVAILABILITY FOR LETTING
If for any reason beyond our control the cottage is not available, or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (e.g. by fire damage) on the date booked, all rent and other charges paid by the holidaymaker will be refunded in full, but there shall be no further claim against Coniston Cottages or the cottage owner.
We highly recommend all guests take our travel insurance when going on holiday.