CONISTON COTTAGES in the Heart of the Lake District
WHY CHOOSE US …
- Great value for money
- Family-run business
- High standard of cleanliness
- On Site support
- Dog friendly cottages
- ALL cottages have free Wi-Fi
- Walks from the doorstep
- Cottages with character
- Reduced occupancy discount on some cottages
- Prices include electricity, heating and bed linen. Towels included in some cottages
- Choice of superb rural or village-based locations
- Every cottage within half a mile of a good pub
- Great base for outdoor activity holidays
The Tier system explained
What are the rules for England?
- If you live in an area with the lowest rates of infection – Tier One – the rules are similar to those that have already been in force across England
- You can holiday anywhere in England that’s also in Tier One
- You can holiday with people from other households in private accommodation (as long as you socially distance), but only in groups of six and under (unless your own household or support bubble is bigger)
- You can stay in a hotel or B&B with another household, but you should avoid sharing rooms with people outside your household
- You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble
The government has published Covid guidance for safer travelling.
- People who live in Tier Two areas should aim to “reduce the number of journeys they make where possible” – according to the government
- You can go on holiday outside your local area as long as you don’t share accommodation with people you don’t live or bubble with, or socialise with them in any indoor setting
- People visiting a Tier Two area should follow the local Covid rules for that area
- If you live in a Tier Three area – you’re being told to avoid travelling outside of your local area – unless it’s for work, education or caring responsibilities
- People who live in Tier Three areas should not visit or stay overnight in another part of the UK, whether in a second home, a private home or guest accommodation. You may travel to hotels and other guest accommodation within your own area, but you should only do this with people in your household or support bubble
- People from Tier One and Tier Two areas should avoid visiting or staying overnight in a Tier Three area where possible, except for those who need to for work, education or caring responsibilities.
Our Hygiene policy
Our Hygiene policy has been upgraded to conform with ALL the government standards and beyond. All cottages, apart from being deep cleaned on each changeover, will be fogged with level LOG 7 disinfectant. This is the highest standard of disinfectant available. Naturally, this extra work will take more time so our check-in and check-out times have changed slightly. Please read the Booking Terms & Conditions at the bottom of this page.
Covid-19 Symptom Policy
If you or any member of your party have any symptoms on arrival; In accordance with Government guidelines you need to return home and self solate.
If you develop symptoms during your stay you and your party must inform us immediately and return home.
Please read the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of this page.